The Minecraft PE world generator uses a set of letters and numbers called “seeds” to build a world. These random seeds are what create the random worlds, but entering a specific seed will allow you to explore the exact same world as anyone else who uses the same seed. You can find seeds on any Minecraft PE fan site or forum. You can also check out some of the best looking Minecraft shaders to enhance your gaming experience.
Steps to use Seeds in Minecraft
What is seed:
- The seed is a set of letters and numbers that identifies a world created by the game’s world creation program. It allows everyone with that seed to experience the same world since the generator will recreate the exact same results when the seed is entered.
- Note that if you use the seed of your world, it generates a brand new world, and any progress you made will not be shown in the new world.
Understand the changes affect & how seeds work:
- Whenever the world generator function is updated in Minecraft PE, it makes the seeds act differently than they did before. This especially occurs with the later versions of Minecraft PE, which introduced “Infinite” worlds.
- Infinite worlds are levels that can stretch on forever, and they use some different creation method than old worlds.
- Infinite worlds were added in Minecraft PE version 0.9.0, and are not available on some other older version devices.
Find the seed you want to use:
- There are a lot of seeds out there. Minecraft fansite has a collection of seed section along with the description of the world that will be created. Note that if the seed is a word, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the world will relate to the world that is created.
Enter the seed when creating a new world:
- Create a world screen, tap the “Advanced” button.
- Select your World Type, and for newer seeds, select “Infinite” unless the site specifically says. If you don’t have the option to select Infinitely, you will need to use an “Old” world seed because your device does not support the Infinite worlds.
- Enter your seed into the Seedbox, seeds are case-sensitive, so make sure you enter each letter correctly.
- Select your game mode, now the seeds work for both the Creative and Survival mode, so just pick the one you want to play and tap on the Create World.
Finding and sharing the seeds:
- If you are playing a random game and want to share your amazing world with your friends? You can find the seed for any of your saved worlds in the latest version of Minecraft PE.
- Now, return to the main menu and press the “Play” button. This will open a list of all of your saved worlds.
- Select the Edit button, in the upper-right corner.
- Look the file size for the world you want to share. You will now see a set of characters. This is the seed for your world. Make sure you have included all the characters when sharing it, including any letters or –.
Let us know your experience or doubts and queries in the comment section below.