Is your system fail to open a program or a file and you’re seeing this error: The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem, it will be super frustrating.
You may receive this error when you try to open some Adobe applications, Skype, Corel Draw, Microsoft Office, XAMPP, and more.
You are not the only one who gets these issues, so there’s no need to panic. In this article, we will help you to fix the error easily.
You can find the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing, whenever you install a software freshly in your Windows.
What is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll?
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is one of a part of Microsoft Visual C++. If you have never installed the Microsoft package, then most of the software that requires a particular dll from it will fail to open and give you this error.
Also, there’s a chance that you will have the package but somehow it became corrupted.
Ways to Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing Error
Since that particular dll file is distributed by Microsoft, fixing this error is very simple.
NOTE:You should not download the dlls from any suspicious websits, that can harm your computer too. Even some legal websites disguise vireses as dlls, so always be carefull.
1. Fix Via Windows Update
One of the Windows updates includes Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 15. If you do not have it, installing it via Windows update is the only option.
- Open the start menu and type “Update”
- Click on the Check for updates.
- Now windows will start checking for updates automatically.
- If you are on Windows 10, the update will install right away. If you are in Windows 7, then you will need to click on the “Install Updates”.
- Restart your computer when it prompts to do so.
Now open the program that was showing the error to check whether it still persists.
2. Download Visual C++ from Microsoft
If there some reasons you don’t want to update the Windows, then you can fix this error in another way.
Since it is a part of Visual C++, you can download it directly from the official website of Microsoft.
- Check the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 download page.
- Click Download.
- Choose your system type (x64 or x86).
- Run the .exe file you have downloaded and follow the installer’s instruction.
After the installation is complete, now open the program that was showing the error to see if the problem still persists.
3. Repair Visual C++
There is a chance you already have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed on your computer. Also having the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error, then you might need to repair it.
To repair Visual C++:
- Open Control Panel and Click Programs and Features.
- Click on the “Microsoft Visual C++ 2015” and then on “Change” or double-tap.
- Click Repair.
- You can also follow the instructions on the repair wizard to complete the repair.
You won’t be having the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error anymore, after completing the repair.
If you can’t find the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, then you might not have installed it. In this case, go with step 1 or 2.
After following these steps the error should be completely gone. If not let us know in the comment section, we will try to figure it out. Also, let us know which step helped you to fix the problem in below comment section.