ADB sideload a new feature that added to ASOP(Android Open Source Project) recovery in Jelly Bean. ADB sideload little different from ADB mode that you can use to push and install a zip file using one command from your computer. But it may not be handy for average recovery user, but the ADB can be a time-saver for ROM developers.
The great thing in Android version JellyBean is that it carries a new amendment to ADB and inserts a new mode, which is known as Sideload Mode.
It may be weird to you in case you have known that the ROMs can directly installed on the device itself. But Sideloading mode is an excellent option if the device contains only internal memory, and no other ROM is present to cover a bricked widget.
Thus Sideload is the best option in case of bricked devices, and it has no other option to load a ROM in the device’s internal storage.
In this guide, we have shown how to install any Flashable Zip through ADB Sideload.
Note:1. This method is for Moto users.
2. Take a complete backup of your phone before following the steps and then proceed,
Make sure that you have all the requirements, before following this guide.
- Smart Phone with more than 70% charged.
- Laptop or PC.
- USB Cable- working condition.
- The latest USB drivers installed.
- Download ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- Follow the given steps properly; don’t skip any steps.
Steps to Sideload ROMs and Mods using ADB Sideload
- Enable the Developers option, To do – Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information and tap on the Build Number for 7-8 time repeatedly until you see a popup message “Developer option enabled.”
- Go back to the settings; now you’ll need to enable the USB Debugging by navigation to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- After enabling USB Debugging, download and extract the ADB fast boot zip file. Then connect your phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB cable.
- In your ADB fastboot folder, open the cmd prompt by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Type the following command n your cmd prompt
- Click OK when you see a pop up to allow USB debugging on your phone.
- Now reboot your phone to recovery mode, by typing the command below:
adb reboot recovery
- In recovery mode, open the ADB Sideload option and
- TWRP, Advanced -> ADB Sideload
- CWM, Install -> Install the ZIP from sideload
- Move the zip file that you want to sideload to your phone’s ADB fastboot folder from your computer.
- Now type the below command
adb sideload Filename.zip
- It can take a couple of minutes to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed, Reboot your Phone.
That’s it..! Wait for few minutes until the flashing process completes. With the ADB Sideload option, you can PUSH any compatible ZIP file to your android device from your computer and install them in your device.
If you have any doubts or queries related to the above steps, feel free to ask them in the comment section given below.